Diamond Pro Hurricanes 11U Orange's High Score Not Enough To Secure Win Against Team New Era 11U
Post date: Jun 2, 2018 12:46:41 AM
- Both Team New Era 11U and Diamond Pro Hurricanes 11U Orange had their offenses going on Wednesday, but Diamond Pro Hurricanes 11U Orange eventually succumbed 17-7 in the high-scoring affair.
- The Diamond Pro Hurricanes 11U Orange struggled to contain the high-powered offense of Team New Era 11U, giving up 17 runs.
- Team New Era 11U got on the board in the first inning when an error scored one run for Team New Era 11U.
- Team New Era 11U pulled away for good with five runs in the second inning. In the second Steinacher singled on a 2-2 count, scoring one run and Jones doubled on a 2-1 count, scoring two runs.
- Team New Era 11U scored five runs in the third inning. The big inning for Team New Era 11U came thanks to singles by #1, #22, and Veini, a groundout by #45, and an error on a ball put in play by Steinacher.
- #22 led things off on the pitcher's mound for Team New Era 11U. He went one inning, allowing zero runs on zero hits, striking out one and walking zero.
- Ian F was on the mound for Diamond Pro Hurricanes 11U Orange. He went two innings, allowing eight runs on five hits and striking out one. Ryan D and Jace C entered the game as relief, throwing one and two-thirds innings and one inning respectively.
- Diamond Pro Hurricanes 11U Orange hit one home run on the day. Ian went yard in the second inning.
- Axel B, Ian, Jack N, Orlando F, and Mike V each managed one hit to lead Diamond Pro Hurricanes 11U Orange.
- Team New Era 11U racked up 12 hits on the day. Jones, Veini, #1, and Cussodi all managed multiple hits for Team New Era 11U. Jones went 3-for-3 at the plate to lead Team New Era 11U in hits. Veini led Team New Era 11U with two stolen bases, as they ran wild on the base paths with eight stolen bases.
- "Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2018. All rights reserved." Any reuse or republication of this story must include the preceding attribution.